Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jewish School’s Team, Refusing to Play During Sabbath, Loses Trip to State Semifinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the association has voluntarily decided it was better to change the time than face a temporary restraining order and federal law suit.

Comment

Isn't it the same issue on both sides............if the government makes changes to accomidate the religous group, then how is that separation?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Isn't it the same issue on both sides............if the government makes changes to accomidate the religous group, then how is that separation?
        The Seperation of church and state is about ensuring there is no "state religion"

Comment

Arguably, the First Amendment doesn’t “require” the separation of church and state. Government can promote religion in a benign non-coercive way. Hence, a ton of case law about the necessity of reasonable accommodation. The point is not to set up a “Federal Church” but to allow for the free exercise of religion.

Edit: SB Shock sort of beat me to it.

Comment

What's with all this First Amendment banter?

I was under the impression that this situation was taking place in Texas. Surely, the Second Amendment is more appropriate.

Remember, kids, you can't spell Yosemite Sam without semite.
            I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Working...
            X